Monday, January 24, 2011

Wedding Dress Shopping

So last Saturday was the big dress shopping day. Mom, Kara, my future sister in laws Angie and Kristen, my future mother in law Debbie and myself drove to Bridal Boutique in Lewisville to try on wedding dresses. I must say it is an over whelming experience. All these dresses at so many different prices and so many different styles. I am so glad my girls were there to help me. I picked out 7 including the one I originally went to try on. As I am putting the first one on, I look at myself in the mirror and I must say, this is the first time I ever felt like a grown-up. When I step foot out of that dressing room and I saw my mom take one look at me, I felt like time had stopped. I looked in the full mirror under this bright light and I LOVED what I saw. The dress was perfect. It fit in all the right places and had the right amount of everything I was looking for. And everyone agreed. They told me to try them all on just to make sure, so I did. But every time I would put a new one on, it didn't compare to that first one. When I got to the one I had originally went to see, it was a 50lbs dress! I almost couldn't walk it was that heavy. The lady that was helping us told me that I needed to try on the ones I love again so I went back to the first one and when I stepped outside again, everyone looked at me and we all knew. This was it. I took a deep breathe, looked at my sister who was in front of me with tears in her eyes and I said, "This is it! This is the one!"

Obviously, I cant post any pictures so you will have to wait to see it the day of. I'm beyond excited about this life changing experience!

1 comment:

Kara said...

And I will probably cry every time from now on that I see you in it! Love you.