Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Some news

Hey there! I wanted to tell everyone some news I recently got about myself. All of you know I was in school to become an Interior Designer. At UNT, you have to be accepted into the program to be able to come one. They have a lot of applicants and only select a very small number. Unfortunately, I was not one of the ones selected. So I had two options, wait again next year and re-try out or switch my major. I'm already 23 years old, almost 24. I don't want to wait so I decided to switch.....and if you have ever heard when people say "God works in mysterious ways"...well believe it because this is just another reason why God is so good. The major I have decided to switch to is a Bachelor of Science in Home Furnishings Merchandising. In simple terms, I'm a buyer. I still take all the decorating class and floor planning classes but this degree is more of a business side rather then a design side. And I am very excited about it. If I can take a full load (meaning 12 hrs every semester) and take a few summer courses, I could be done in 2 years!!!!!!! Which is soooo wonderful because I'll finally be done & ready to work but also... I can finally get married to the man of my dreams.
Thank you to all of you who have supported me through my long process of college. I have been in school my whole life and I am sooo ready to be done. I finally have a stopping point. I can actually see the finish line and I'm going to keep on racing til I get there!

2 comments:

Amber Massey said...

keep your head up, girl! I've been there and know what you are going through, but God always leads you through!

Kara said...

I am so proud of you! You are going to be great at whatever you decide to do. Just make sure you become a buyer for a really cool store, so I can get a discount!!!